Tuesday 10 March 2009

The Crit Lesson!

I found the crit lesson very helpful as people were very open with their opinions and they all really liked it. They all noticed things I had done to make it more creepy and noticed things I had done to make the audience feel uncomfortable. A fear I had was that they wouldn't recognise that it was about hate crime on homophobia, but they did get that and it was a big relief. Nina had alot of helpful criticism for me to make the film better. I am going to be adding an additional scene only 15-20 seconds long, it will tie it up better and be more understandable, I am also going to be making the text even smaller as she said that it is still a bit too big, I am also going to be making the title of the film stay on the screen 4 seconds longer as people thought that it was not on there long enough. Nina said that it was a level three but when the alterations have been done it will be a level four which was really good to hear as it meant that all the long hours I put in had paid off. I am going to start doing the alterations tomorrow and then Thursday I will start filming the additional scene and then finally get the film into a level four.
I also really enjoyed watching the other groups work, it was nice to see what they had done and see if I could get any ideas from them. I thought the whole class done really well and every ones work was different and had a meaning to it and none of us got lower than a level three we were all border lining level threes and fours.
It was my first crit and I was so happy to say that it went well and I did get some criticism but it's only to help but on the other hand I got alot of good feed back so it made me really happy.

No comments: