Saturday 11 April 2009

2) How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My media product represents them as being stuck up in some ways as they kill someone one because he is gay which also shows them as being ignorant to difference. It is based in a public school so the characters would be either middle or working class. I think the murderer is a a stereotypical teenager who discards someone for being different. I think that if it was hollywood distributed then i think it would loose that and then there would be no reason for using that storyline as i wanted to use it because i got my inspiration from the stonewall campaign.
As my target audience is the same social class as the characters, i know that they will understand more and and relate to the storyline more than someone older than them or of a different social class.

No comments: