Sunday 8 March 2009

Looking back on the editing!


We have had alot of trouble when doing the editing of the title sequence. We found that some of the footage didn't fit; the blood looked to pink and I was in some of the shot, so we had to re film but when it came to editing we saw that what Luke had done was film the wrong parts; he kept pressing play and pause at the wrong time. We thought we would sort it all out when we got on to final cut pro but when we got on to there we couldn't use it all; we didn't know that it muddles it all up and you have to put it back into order without letting the clips overlap so we started to loose seconds off the clips and it was adding them onto other clips so we had to go back to imovie. Once we had finished tweaking it and made played around with the contrast and added the music and played around with the pace of some of the scenes it really started coming along.
As we left it so long to start editing when the deadline was coming up it meant that we spent anytime we could in the editing suit.
The day before the deadline I spent six hours on it, getting everything done so that on the deadline day i didn't have much to do on it.
It wasn't later on in the editing that I wanted to use Se7en as inspiration due to the fact that when i was putting in the titles it started mirroring it and that's when I started looking more into it and basically used it as a guideline, it mad it so much easier for me. I didn't want to use it so much that I gradually i started loosing my own ideas and then it becomes Kyle Coopers work instead of my own.
when the day of the deadline came I Had nothing to worry about because all I had to do was just moves scenes around and i was done so I was alot more calmer. I was really happy with the final piece, I got Nina to watch it a she thought it was good but had places where I could improve it and i.e making the text smaller on some of the titles, changing the style of the text, making scenes slower. Once I had done that it did look even better and I liked it even more and had alot more confidence for it.
The editing alone was a long journey and I found it very challenging but Gerry helped me out alot and taught me so much about imovie. I think that the editing was the best part of the making of it.

No comments: